In 1992 Hewlett-Packard (HP) sought out supply chain experts Dr. Michael Keppler and Dr. Kurt Mannchen to solve their expanding supply chain needs and to gain substantial competitive advantage through dynamic demand-supply planning and fulfillment across both in-sourced and outsourced operations. Specifically, HP wanted to understand which solution was best suited to meet the company’s increasingly challenging set of supply chain planning and execution requirements. The research demonstrated that neither the ERP nor APS offerings could provide the required combination of rapid planning, demand-supply matching efficiency, modeling flexibility, and end-to-end integration that HP needed. Drs. Keppler and Mannchen proposed to develop an alternative planning approach – one that would address the ERP and APS gaps in functionality and be fast, powerful, and integrated. Six months later the new software, icon-SCP was ready. The solution was immediately successful and exceeded HP’s expectations by delivering tremendous business value. HP quickly deployed icon-SCP in locations across the globe.
icon-scm then bought the rights to icon-SCP from HP and made it available to the general market. The following year, icon-scm collaborated with DaimlerChrysler to develop icon-SCC, one of the first Web-based solutions for multi-tier supply chain monitoring and collaboration. The innovative icon-scm solution earned an e-logistics award for DaimlerChrysler.
icon-scm continues to improve and extend its successful solution.
- 2013 E2open acquires icon-scm: Creating the first integrated platform for Collaborative Planning & Execution
- 2012 Selected as a SAP PINNACLE AWARDS 2012 finalist for Software Solution Newcomer of the Year
- 2011 Hired Jan Aggerbeck as CEO
- 2011 Patent issued July 5, 2011 (Patent No: US 7,974,720 BN2)
- 2010 Selected as SAP Solution Extension Partner (SolEx) (SAP SCRM). icon-scm is 1 of only 19 global SolEx partners and was the fastest SolEx out-of the gate in SAP history
- 2009 Received Supply Chain Innovation Award from the Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals (CSCMP)
icon-scm continues to be the leader in connecting long-term business strategy with real-time visibility.